At All Saints’ this week………….
- Readings for this year follow Year B for Sundays and Year 1 for weekdays
- Readings for The Sixth Sunday of Easter (In italics for the Anniversary of Dedication)
- 1st Reading: – Acts 10: 25-26, 34-35, 44-48 (Acts 7: 44-50)
- Responsorial Psalm 97 – “The Lord has shown his salvation to the nations.” (Psalm 83 – “How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord, God of hosts).
- 2nd Reading: – 1 John 4: 7-10 (1 Corinthians 3: 9-11, 16-17)
- Gospel: – John 15: 9-17 (John 4: 19-24)
- The Parish Prayer List for this week can be found here
Church Calendar for the week ahead
- Saturday 8th May – Weekday of Easter
- Sunday 9th May – 6th Sunday of Easter (The Spirit of God’s Love)
- 129th Anniversary of the Dedication of All Saints’
- 10.00.a.m. – ‘Teddy Bear Church’
- 11.00.a.m. – Solemn Mass with choir. (Organ Prelude – Folk Tune – Whitlock. Voluntary – Plein Jeu from Suite du premier ton – Bedard)
- Monday 10th May – Weekday of Easter
- Tuesday 11th May – Weekday of Easter
- 7.30.p.m. – Low Mass (also streamed on ‘Facebook’)
- Wednesday 12th May – Ss. Nereus & Achilleus, Martys; S. Pancras, Martyr.
- 9.00.a.m. – 12 noon – Socially Distanced Working Party
- Thursday 13th May – The Ascension of the Lord
- 7.30.p.m. – Solemn Mass with choir
- Readings for the Ascension
- 1st Reading: – Acts 1: 1-11
- Psalm 46: – “God goes up with shouts of joy; the Lord goes up with trumpet blast.”
- 2nd Reading: – Ephesians 1: 17-23
- Gospel: – Mark 16: 15-20
- Friday 14th May – S. Matthias, Apostle
- Saturday 15th May – Weekday of Easter
- 10.00.a.m. – Parish Walk (see below for details)
- Sunday 16th May – 7th Sunday of Easter
- 11.00.a.m. – Solemn Mass with choir
- 12.30.p.m. – Annual Parochial Church Meeting
Learn more about the ‘Saints’ of the week’ here
Feast of the Ascension
Ascension Day falls this coming Thursday – 13th May. There will be Solemn Mass in church commencing at 7.30.p.m.
If the weather is fine we hope to serve coffee after Mass on Sunday morning. For the present it will have to be collected from the back of the church and drunk outside. Please follow the guidance printed on the newsheet.
The May Magazine is now available at the back of the church.
Parish Walks have resumed
This months Walk – Next Saturday 15th May. Meet outside South Wimbledon Tube Station for a walk to explore the open spaces of the Merton Park Area. Total distance about 3 Irish Miles! Please let Roger know beforehand if you intend to join the walk so that no one is left behind!
See pictures of our 1st walk here
Annual Parochial Church Meeting
Our A.P.C.M. will take place after Mass next Sunday -16th May. Nomination forms for the office of churchwarden and for membership of the P.C.C. are now at the back of the church.
If you would like an opportunity to read the reports that will be presented at the meeting in advance, then packs are available at the back of the church.
Thy Kingdom Come
There are some booklets available now at the back of the church with the intention that they be used for the ten days between the Ascension and Pentecost. Please take one.
Some pictures taken at Easter this year can be found here
Coronavirus Advice from the Church of England
The latest advice from the Church of England on the Coronavirus outbreak can be found here