At All Saints’ this week………….
- Readings for this year follow Year B for Sundays and Year 1 for weekdays
- Readings for 24th Sunday in Ordinary Time
- 1st Reading: – Isaiah 50: 5-9
- Responsorial Psalm 114 – “I will walk in the presence of the Lord in the land of the living.”
- 2nd Reading: – James 2: 14-18
- Gospel: – Mark 8: 27-35
- The Parish Prayer List for this week can be found here
Church Calendar for the week ahead
- Saturday 11th September – Feria
- 11.00.a.m. – 3.00.p.m. – All Saints’ School Fair (entrance in Leyton Road)
- Sunday 12th September – 24th Sunday in Ordinary Time (Christ, the Son of Man)
- 10.00.a.m. – ‘Teddy Bear Church’
- 11.00.a.m. – Solemn Mass with choir & Sunday school (Fr. Nicholas Roberts) (Prelude: – Ach Gott und Herr – Buxtehude. Choir Anthem: – Oculi omnium – Wood. Voluntary: – Processional – Mathias)
- Monday 13th September – S. John Chrysostom, Bishop, Doctor of the Church
- Tuesday 14th September – The Exaltation of the Holy Cross
- 7.30.p.m. – Low Mass (Fr. Graham Piper)
- Wednesday 15th September – Our Lady of Sorrows
- 9.00.a.m. – 12 noon – Church Working Party
- Thursday 16th September – Ss. Cornelius, Pope & Cyprian, Bishop, Martyrs
- No Mass on Thursdays during September
- Friday 17th September – S. Robert Bellarmine, Bishop, Doctor of the Church
- 9.00.a.m. – 12 noon – Open Church Coffee Morning
- Saturday 18th September – Feria
- Sunday 19th September – 25th Sunday in Ordinary Time
- 8.00.a.m. – Low Mass (Fr. Graham Piper)
- 8.30.a.m. (app.) – Breakfast in the Church Hall
- 11.00.a.m. – Morning Prayer with hymns led by Roger Stanley
Learn more about the ‘Saints’ of the week’ here
Coffee is served on Sundays after Mass and also on Thursday morning after the 11.00.a.m. Mass.
It may now be drunk either inside or outside.
Our Open Church Coffee Morning is every Friday beginning at 9.00.a.m. and running until 12 noon. All welcome.
Fr. Christopher is away on holiday from 8th – 27th September.
Solemn Mass on Sundays 12th and 26th will be at the usual time of 11.00.a.m.
On Sunday 19th September Fr. Graham Piper will say Low Mass in the Chapel at 8.00.a.m.
This will be followed by breakfast in the church hall (please sign the list at the back of the church if you will be attending so that we have some idea of numbers). At 11.00.a.m. Roger will lead Prayer Book Matins which will include hymns.
Fr. Michael Blackman
Fr. Michael will celebrate the Golden Anniversary of his Ordination to the Priesthood on 21st September. The parish is sending him a card to mark the occasion and if you would like to add your signature it will be at the back of the church this Sunday.
Twelve of us completed our Sponsored Walk on Bank Holiday Monday. If you sponsored us please hand your form and money to Jenny or Roger as soon as possible. All money raised will go towards the improvement of the church lighting. Proof that we did the walk can be found here!
Gwen Watts R.I.P
Gwen’s Funeral Mass will be in church at 12.15.p.m. on Thursday 7th October
The September Magazine is now out. Please collect your copy from the back of the church.
Coronavirus Advice from the Church of England
The latest advice from the Church of England on the Coronavirus outbreak can be found here