At All Saints’ this week………….
- Readings for this year follow Year C for Sundays and Year 1 for weekdays
- Readings for 32nd Sunday in Ordinary Time
- 1st Reading: – Maccabees 7: 1-2, 9-14
- Responsorial Psalm: 16 – ‘I shall be filled when I awake, with the sight of your glory, O Lord.’
- 2nd Reading: – 2 Thessalonians 2: 16-3: 5
- Gospel: – Luke 20: 27-38
Church Calendar for the week ahead
- Sunday 10th November – 32nd Sunday in Ordinary Time (Remembrance Sunday)
- ‘Teddy Bear Church’ – 10.00.a.m.
- Solemn Mass – 10.55.a.m.
- Monday 11th November – S. Martin of Tours, Bishop
- School Remembrance Service in church – 10.30.a.m.
- Lunch Club & Over 50’s Club in the church hall – 12.30.p.m.
- Tuesday 12th November – S. Josaphat, Bishop & Martyr
- Office Hour 6.30.p.m. Low Mass 7.30.p.m.
- Wednesday 13th November – Feria
- Working Party 9.00.a.m. – 12 noon.
- Thursday 14th November – Feria
- Low Mass – 11.00.a.m. (Followed by Coffee)
- Friday 15th November – S. Albert the Great, Bishop & Doctor of the Church
- Church & Quiet Garden Open – 8.45.a.m. – 12 noon
- Saturday 16th November – S. Margaret of Scotland, S. Gertrude, Virgin, S. Edmund of Abingdon, Bishop
- SUNDAY 17th November – 33rd Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Solemn Mass 11.00.a.m.
- P.C.C. Meeting – 12.45.p.m.
All Saints’ News
The November issue of our ‘News’ is available now. Please collect your copy from the back of the church.
School Remembrance Day Service
The school will be coming into the church for their Remembrance Day Service on Monday at 10.30.a.m. Any members of our congregation will be welcome.
The school have also produced some artwork which is displayed around the church, so do take time to have a look at it as it will only be up for a short time.
Next Sunday is the third in the month and we would normally be having Solemn Evensong & Benediction at 6.30.p.m. However, this will now be transferred to Sunday 24th November -the Feast of Christ the King.
Parochial Church Council
Members of the P.C.C. are reminded that there will be a meeting of the Council in the hall after Mass next Sunday, beginning at 12.45.p.m.
Christmas Fair – Saturday 30th November
On Saturday 30th November – ‘Santa Claus’ will be arriving at All Saints’ for our Annual Christmas Fair. The time will go very quickly – so please start thinking about what you can do to help, and to make it a resounding success.
We are aiming to run most of the stalls we had last year, and are now looking for volunteers to run them. And if you have any ideas for additional attractions – the Social Committee would love to hear from you.
There is list at the back of the church for you to sign if you can help in any way with the Fair, and from Sunday 4th November there will be four boxes in the porch for your donations. (one for ‘Good As New’; one for ‘Tombola Prizes’ one for ‘Pick a Card’ items and a small one for specific ‘Raffle Prizes’.)
Also there are posters for you to take away and put in your windows to help advertise the event, and hopefully you will also be able to persuade some local shopkeepers to advertise it for us as well.
And please tell everyone you meet about the Fair and encourage them to come along. The Fair is one of our major fundraising events and so we need it to be as successful as possible.
But, not only is it a chance for us to make money for the church, it is also an opportunity for us to work together with a good heart and a generous spirit and begin our Christmas Celebrations together.