At All Saints’ this week………….
- Readings for this year follow Year C for Sundays and Year 1 for weekdays
- Readings for 33rd Sunday in Ordinary Time
- 1st Reading: – Malachi 3: 19-20
- Responsorial Psalm: 97 – ‘The Lord comes to rule the people with fairness.’
- 2nd Reading: – 2 Thessalonians 3: 7-12
- Gospel: – Luke 21: 5-19
Church Calendar for the week ahead
- Sunday 17th November – 33rd Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Solemn Mass – 11.00.a.m.
- P.C.C. Meeting – 12.45.p.m.
- Monday 18th November –The Dedication of the Basilicas of the Ss Peter and Paul, Apostles
- Lunch Club & Over 50’s Club in the church hall – 12.30.p.m.
- Tuesday 19th November -Feria
- Office Hour 6.30.p.m.
- Requiem Mass for the Guild of Servants of the Sanctuary – 7.30.p.m.
- Wednesday 20th November – Feria
- Working Party 9.00.a.m. – 12 noon.
- Thursday 21st November – The Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- NO MASS THIS WEEK
- Friday 22nd November – S. Cecilia, Virgin & Martyr
- Church & Quiet Garden Open – 8.45.a.m. – 12 noon
- Saturday 23rd November – S. Clement I, Pope, Martyr; St Columban, abbot, missionary
- SUNDAY 24th November – Christ the King
- Solemn Mass 11.00.a.m.
- Solemn Evensong & Benediction – 6.30.p.m.
All Saints’ News
The November issue of our ‘News’ is available now. Please collect your copy from the back of the church.
Requiem Mass for the Guild of Servants of the Sanctuary
Our Tuesday Mass this week will be a Solemn Requiem Mass for the G.S.S. All members of the congregation will be welcome at this service and there will be refreshments at the back of the church afterwards.
The service starts at the normal time of 7.30.p.m.
Thursday this week
Please note that there will be no Thursday Mass this week.
Next Sunday we celebrate Christ the King and there will be Solemn Evensong & Benediction at 6.30.p.m.
Christmas Fair – Saturday 30th November
On Saturday 30th November – ‘Santa Claus’ will be arriving at All Saints’ for our Annual Christmas Fair. The time will go very quickly – so please start thinking about what you can do to help, and to make it a resounding success.
We are aiming to run most of the stalls we had last year, and are now looking for volunteers to run them. And if you have any ideas for additional attractions – the Social Committee would love to hear from you.
There is list at the back of the church for you to sign if you can help in any way with the Fair, and from Sunday 4th November there will be four boxes in the porch for your donations. (one for ‘Good As New’; one for ‘Tombola Prizes’ one for ‘Pick a Card’ items and a small one for specific ‘Raffle Prizes’.)
Also there are posters for you to take away and put in your windows to help advertise the event, and hopefully you will also be able to persuade some local shopkeepers to advertise it for us as well.
And please tell everyone you meet about the Fair and encourage them to come along. The Fair is one of our major fundraising events and so we need it to be as successful as possible.
But, not only is it a chance for us to make money for the church, it is also an opportunity for us to work together with a good heart and a generous spirit and begin our Christmas Celebrations together.
Advance Notice – Christmas Lunch – Sunday 8th December @ 1.00.p.m.
Turkey, plus all the trimmings. Christmas Pudding or Chocolate Gateaux
£7.00. for adults/£3.50 for children under 16
Please add your name to the list at the back of the church if you wish to come.