At All Saints’ this week………….
- Readings for this year follow Year C for Sundays and Year 2 for weekdays
- Readings for The First Sunday of Advent
- 1st Reading: – Jeremiah 33: 14-16
- Responsorial Psalm 24 – “To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.”
- 2nd Reading: – 1 Thessalonians 3: 12-4:2
- Gospel: – Luke 21: 25-28, 34-36
- The Parish Prayer List for this week can be found here
Church Calendar for the week ahead
- Saturday 27th November – Feria
- Sunday 28th November – 1st Sunday of Advent (Our liberation from fear)
- 11.00.a.m. – Solemn Mass with Choir& Sunday School – followed by coffee
- Music: –
- Hymns – N.E.H. 7,3,11,9
- Prelude: – Nun komm der Heiden Heiland – Bach
- Choir Anthem : – The Advent Prose
- Voluntary: – Watchet auf – Karg-Elert
- Monday 29th November – Weekday of Advent
- Pensioner’s Club in the Hall
- Tuesday 30th November – S. Andrew, Apostle, patron of Scotland
- 7.30.p.m. – Low Mass (also ‘streamed on Facebook’)
- Wednesday 1st December – Weekday of Advent
- 9.00.a.m. – 12 noon – Church Working Party
- Thursday 2nd December – Weekday of Advent
- 11.00.a.m. – Low Mass
- Friday 3rd December – S. Francis Xavier, Priest
- Open Church Coffee Morning – 9.00.a.m. – 12 noon
- Saturday 4th December – S. John Damascene, Priest, Doctor of the Church
- 5.00.p.m. – 8.00.p.m. – ‘Step into Christmas!’
- Sunday 5th December – 2nd Sunday of Advent
- 11.00.a.m. – Solemn Mass with choir & Holy Baptism. (Followed by coffee)
- 12.30.p.m. – P.C.C. Meeting
Learn more about the ‘Saints’ of the week’ here
Coffee is served on Sundays after Mass and also on Thursday morning after the 11.00.a.m. Mass.
It may now be drunk either inside or outside.
Our Open Church Coffee Morning is every Friday beginning at 9.00.a.m. and running until 12 noon. All welcome.
Our November News is published now and contains lots of interesting articles for you to read. Please pick up your copy from the back of the church.
Could Jenny please have any items for next month’s News by Sunday please. It will be published on 5th December
Flowers for Christmas
If you would like to contribute towards the cost of flowers for Christmas, please let Jenny have your donation by Sunday 12th December. Many thanks
P.C.C. Meeting – Sunday 5th December
Could all members of the P.C.C. please pick up their agendas and minutes from the back of the church. Many thanks.
Teddy Bear Church
Please note that ‘Teddy Bear Church’ will resume on the 2nd Sunday in December
Thank you to all who helped in any way with our Christmas Fair.. It was the first time in many months that we have been able to hold an event such as this and it was a joy to be back! To date we have raised the magnificent sum of £961.64
‘Step into Christmas’ – Saturday 4th December
Described as “a convivial evening for us all to re-connect after the last 18 months”! There will be ‘nibbles,’ some wine and soft drinks provided, and of course you are welcome to bring your own! The evening will run from 5.00.p.m. until 8.00.p.m. and if you are interested in coming please let Nigel or David know.
There is no charge for the evening, but any donations towards church funds will be gratefully received.
Coronavirus Advice from the Church of England
The latest advice from the Church of England on the Coronavirus outbreak can be found here