At All Saints’ this week………….
- Readings for this year follow Year B for Sundays and Year 1 for weekdays
- Readings for the 29th Sunday in Ordinary Time
- 1st Reading: – Isaiah 53: 10-11
- Responsorial Psalm 32 – “May your love be upon us, O Lord, as we place all our hope in you.”
- 2nd Reading: – Hebrews 4: 14-16
- Gospel: – Mark 10: 35-45
- The Parish Prayer List for this week can be found here
Church Calendar for the week ahead
- Saturday 16th October – S. Hedwig, Religious; S. Margaret May Alacoque, Virgin
- Sunday 17th October – 29th Sunday in Ordinary Time (The suffering servant of God)
- 11.00.a.m. – Solemn Mass with Choir & Sunday School – followed by coffee
- Hymns – N.E.H. 408, 358, 400, 436
- Prelude: – Improvisation on the hymn tune ‘Crimond’ – Thiman
- Choir Anthem : – Greater Love – Ireland
- Voluntary: – Prelude in A flat – Bach
- 1.30.p.m. – Holy Baptism – Caprice & Gianna Nedd
- Monday 18th October – S. Luke, Evangelist
- Pensioner’s Club in the Hall
- Tuesday 19th October – Ss John de Brébeuf and Isaac Jogues, Priests, and their Companions, Martyrs; S. Paul of the Cross, Priest
- 7.30.p.m. – Low Mass (also streamed on Facebook)
- Wednesday 20th October – Feria
- 9.00.a.m. – 12 noon – Church Working Party
- Thursday 21st October – Feria
- 11.00.a.m. – Low Mass (also streamed on Facebook) – followed by coffee
- Friday 22nd October – S. John Paul II, Pope
- 9.00.a.m. – 12 noon – Open Church Coffee Morning
- Saturday 23rd October – S. John of Capestrano, Priest
- Parish Walk
- Sunday 24th October – 30th Sunday in Ordinary Time
- 11.00.a.m. – Solemn Mass with choir and Sunday school – followed by coffee.
- 12.30.p.m. – P.C.C. Meeting
Learn more about the ‘Saints’ of the week’ here
Coffee is served on Sundays after Mass and also on Thursday morning after the 11.00.a.m. Mass.
It may now be drunk either inside or outside.
Our Open Church Coffee Morning is every Friday beginning at 9.00.a.m. and running until 12 noon. All welcome.
Parochial Church Council
Would members of the P.C.C. please note that there will be a meeting in the Hall after Mass next Sunday
Flowers for All Saints’ Tide
If you would like to contribute towards the cost of flowers to decorate the church for our Patronal Festival (31st October) please could you let Jenny have your donation by 17th of this month. Many thanks
All Saints’ Tide
We will be celebrating our Patronal Festival on Sunday October 31st. There will be a ‘Bring-and-Share’ buffet and drinks in the hall after the morning Mass and if you would like to bring some food along you are asked to look at the list at the back of the church and indicate what you will be contributing.
Christmas Fair – Advance Notice
We will be holding our Christmas Fair in church (with refreshments in the hall) on Saturday 20th November from 1.00.p.m. – 4.00.p.m. We are looking for helpers to run the stalls so please ‘sign up’ if you can.
The October News is now published and you can pick up your copy from the back of the church.
Please could Jenny have any copy for next month’s ‘News’ by next Sunday. Thank you.
Coronavirus Advice from the Church of England
The latest advice from the Church of England on the Coronavirus outbreak can be found here