At All Saints’ this week………….
- Readings for Sunday 26th March – 5th Sunday of Lent
- 1st Reading: – Ezekiel 37: 12-14
- Responsorial Psalm: – Psalm 129 – “With the Lord there is mercy and fullness of redemption.”
- 2nd Reading: – Romans 8: 8-11
- Gospel: – John 11: 1-45
- The Parish Prayer List for this week can be found here
Church Calendar for the week ahead
- Saturday 25th March – The Annunciation of the Lord
- 12 noon – Low Mass followed by coffee and a Walsingham Cell Meeting
- SUNDAY 26th March – 5th Sunday of Lent (Christ breathes into us His living Spirit)
- 11.00.a.m. – Solemn Sung Mass (followed by coffee)
- Hymns: – N.E.H. 72, 84, 78, 83, MP 417
- Prelude: – Chorale Prelude: Caswall – Hurford
- Communion Anthem – Christus factus est – Bruckner.
- Voluntary – O Mensch, bewein dein Sünde groß – Bach
- 11.00.a.m. – Solemn Sung Mass (followed by coffee)
- Monday 27th March – Weekday of Lent
- Tuesday 28th March – Weekday of Lent
- 7.00.p.m. – Stations of the Cross
- 7.30.p.m. – Low Mass
- 8.00.p.m. – Lent Study Group
- Wednesday 29th March – Weekday of Lent
- 9.00.a.m. – 12 noon – Church Working Party
- Thursday 30th March – Weekday of Lent
- 11.00.a.m. – Low Mass (followed by coffee)
- Friday 31st March – Weekday of Lent
- 9.00.a.m. – 11.45.a.m. – Open Church Coffee Morning
- 12 noon – 12.50.p.m. – Lent Lunch
- 1.00.p.m. – School Service
- Saturday 1st April – Weekday of Lent
- SUNDAY 2nd April – Palm Sunday of the Passion of the Lord
- 11.00.a.m. – Blessing of Palms, Procession and Solemn Sung Mass (followed by coffee)
- 6.00.p.m. – Rosary
Learn more about the ‘Saints’ of the week’ here
The latest edition of the Southwark Diocesan Newspaper – The Bridge – can be read here
(There is an article about David Coram in this month’s issue!)
The Bishop of Southwark visited All Saints on Sunday 12th March when he preached and shared a buffet lunch with us all. We were delighted to welcome him and you will find a picture of the Bishop with Fr. Christopher and the congregation here.
Spring is here! and the daffodils planted in the winter are now in full bloom as you can see from the pictures below. Many thanks to Mark for planting them out.
And don’t forget – British Summer Time begins on 26th March – clocks go FORWARD one hour
Coffee is served on Sundays after Mass and also on Thursday morning after the 11.00.a.m. Mass.
Our Open Church Coffee Morning is every Friday beginning at 9.00.a.m. and running until 12 noon. All welcome.
Artwork: – Thank you to the children from our school who produced the artwork church for Mothering Sunday
The Annunciation of the Lord – Saturday 25th March
There will be a Low Mass at 12 noon followed by coffee and a meeting of the Walsingham Cell.
If you would like to purchase a lily for Easter in memory of a loved one they will be priced at £3.00 each. Details available from Jenny. Any donations towards the cost of flowers for Easter would be most welcome – again could these be given to Jenny. Many thanks.
Please take time to look at our building plans which are now on display at the back of the church.
Please also feel free to express any thoughts and comments you may have. We want this to be a project for everyone.
Lent at All Saints
Tuesdays – (starting 28th February)
7.00.p.m. – Stations of The Cross. 7.30.p.m. – Low Mass
After Mass – Lent Study Group (in the Vestry.)
Thursdays – 11.00.a.m. – Low Mass-followed by Coffee.
Fridays – (starting 24th February)
9.00.a.m. – 12 noon – Open Church Coffee morning continues as usual.
12.15.p.m. – 1.30.p.m. – Lent Lunches – in the Church..
(Soup, cheese roll with pickle, & a piece of fruit – £2-00)
ALL SAINTS’ LENT APPEAL.
This year, we will again be supporting the Bishop of Southwark’s Lent Call, which raises funds for local community projects in Southwark and our Link Dioceses in Zimbabwe and Jerusalem, as well as calling parishes to a time of prayer and contemplation.
In 2023, the theme is “mental health & well-being”, and the Bishop’s Lent Call is featuring projects that help with access to medical care both here and in our Link Diocese of Jerusalem. Access to food is a common theme too as worry about being able to feed the family leads to enormous stress, so it features foodbanks here and nutritional gardens in our Link Dioceses in Zimbabwe. Many also need support to deal with the pressures of life and we are asked also to support projects to facilitate well-being by developing strategies to cope with the stress and mental illness caused by our modern world.
Details about all the projects will be displayed on the pillars at the back of the church from Ash Wednesday.
Please put your donations in the Lent Box, which will be on a table at the back of the church throughout Lent. It will be opened on the Sunday after Easter – 16th April.
If you are a tax payer, please take an envelope to use for the whole of Lent, and fill in the form for the Diocese to claim back the tax paid on your Lent Call donations. (Envelopes should be put on the collection plate as the slot in the box is too small to take them.)
There is more information on this year’s Lent Appeal here
The ‘News’ for March is now published. Please pick up your copy from the back of the church.
Items for next month’s news should be given to Jenny by this Sunday. Many thanks